About Nix Sensor Ltd.
We’re a team of creators and a band of problem solvers. We expertly build ground-breaking products for color professionals and everyday consumers that put the world of color in the palm of their hands. We do it with the magic (ahem, the science) of our Nix Color Sensor. Like the eyedropper tool in real life, it takes real-world color and makes it digital, empowering customers to move through their projects with confidence, accuracy and ease.
Our tools are engineered with life in mind, ensuring that our users can take their Nix wherever they find color, or need to measure it. Whether that’s in a photography studio in L.A. or an egg farm in rural Germany, our products are being used around the globe and across the color spectrum.
Interested in joining our team of thinkers, makers and creators? You’re in the right the right place if:
- You appreciate both the left and right side of the brain. We merge science with creativity in everything we do, and we hope you like to do the same.
- You design with impact. We strive to build tools that make life and workflows more efficient, giving our customers the ability to bring their
A-game to every project.
- You want to inspire. At Nix, you’ll have a hand in building products that are meant to enable, empower and enlighten.
- You are not afraid to ask questions. Confused or think there might be a better way to do something? Dig deeper, ask questions, and explore. We encourage each and every team member to tap into their inner scientist so we can continue to build better.
What will you do?
- Help to build beautifully designed apps that work with our award-winning hardware
- Work with our designers and product team to create a seamless user experience
- Own our core apps and build a foundation on which to create other tools for our users
- Iterate, test, and release products as quickly as we can gather feedback from our users and customers
What will you need?
- Experience building on-trivial iOS and Android apps
- Experience with React Native is preferred, but if you have a strong interest in learning the framework and can demonstrate that you have built some non-trivial apps then that works as well.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment, alongside the rest of our dynamic team
What makes Nix a great place to work?
- We want you to grow with us. This is a dynamic opportunity to join and build the next great Canadian success story. Ranked No. 33 on the 2018 Startup 50 of Canada’s Top New Growth Companies by Canadian Business and Maclean’s, we’re a stable and innovative start-up that continues to grow year-over-year.
- Work with the best. The brains at Nix are inspiring, motivating and dedicated to building innovative products that shake up the color industry.
- We’re based in a beautiful, bustling and ever-evolving city. Nix is located in Hamilton, Ontario. Our office is accessible via public transit and is close to countless restaurants, bars, parks, schools and more, plus we offer free parking.
- We follow the start-up rule book. (So, don’t worry – we’ve got your snack needs covered.)